Overview of Vivotek IP7154
The Vivotek IP7154 is a wireless fixed IP network camera which offers VGA quality footage at up to 30fps. A switchable infrared-cut filter lets the camera offer full-color images during the day and infrared-sensitive monochrome images at night. A built-in light sensor also lets the camera switch between day and night modes automatically.
Two-way audio is supported on the IP7154 which allows you to communicate interactively with people in view, hear audible sirens on site and warn intruders that may enter. The camera offers a built-in microphone which allows you to listen in to audio from the camera location without any additional equipment.
The camera is also Power over Ethernet compatible, delivering power and data through a single network cable. The camera can also be connected to your network wirelessly without the need for installing lengthy cabling.
Key features and benefits
- Capture usable security footage 24 hours a day (infrared lighting required for low-light monitoring)
- Talk to people in view, be alerted by on-site alarms or warn intruders with two-way audio
- Connect to your camera without network cabling using integrated Wi-Fi connection (wireless gateway required)
- Switchable infrared-cut filter offers 24 hour monitoring (infrared lighting required for low-light conditions)
- Built-in light sensor can detect light levels and automatically switch the camera from day to night mode
- Integrated 802.11b/g Wi-Fi connection lets you connect to your camera wirelessly
- Two-way audio allows you to interactively talk to people in view from your computer (speaker required)
- Integrated microphone can let you listen to the camera location without any additional audio equipment
- Power over Ethernet support (IEEE 802.3af) can simplify installation as power and data are combined into a single cable
- RS-485 port lets the camera integrate with third-party PTZ mechanisms
- 2x alarm input and 1 x relay output connection allows you to trigger the camera from external sensors or let the camera trigger external alarms or lighting
- Store short video clips directly to a Windows-based computer from the web interface (Internet Explorer required)
- Cell phone browser lets you monitor camera footage while away from a computer using an Internet-enabled cell phone (Internet connection required)
- Triple-window motion detection allows can customize the coverage of your motion detection system
- Transfer images on alarm via HTTP, FTP and Email
- HTTPS secures video traffic for transfer across unsecured networks
- Included 32 channel recording software lets you store footage to a local Microsoft Windows computer at no additional charge
The Vivotek IP7154 would be best suited to internal security monitoring applications in locations such as department and convenience stores, gas stations, internal stairwells and office areas.
Compatible recording platforms
- Vivotek IP7153 - day/night surveillance camera